The Australian Ophthalmic Nurses Association National Council (AONANC/National Council) is a partnership between the Australian State based Ophthalmic Nursing Associations of NSW, QLD, WA and VIC (with VIC managing sub-branches in SA and TAS, and independent members in NT), to collaborate on key national activities. Formalised in November 2016, the objectives are to:
- Provide professional representation for ophthalmic nurses
- Develop and maintain national standards, statements, and recommendations relating to the practice of ophthalmic nursing
- Provide advice and collaboration if requested, for any post graduate education or ophthalmic learning opportunity
- Seek to include ophthalmic nurses in the wider national and global visual dialogue and strategies, and their participation in sector initiatives
- Provide a national point-of-contact to other external stakeholders and interested parties wishing to engage the national ophthalmic nursing community
- Encourage member engagement and collaboration with national research and innovation projects and opportunities
- Share information on meetings, conferences and workshops and support the publication of a national newsletter
- Promote the profession of ophthalmic nursing
- Act as the national consultative body on issues affecting ophthalmic nurses.
Becoming a member
Membership is automatic to members of AONANC State and Sub-Branch Partner. Please contact your State for registration details.
|VIC||Heather Machin - VIC|
|Anne Lentakis - SA|
|Ben Roberts - TAS|
|Anna Huigen - NT|